Carroll Piano Studio
5805 Bayleaf Lane~Greensboro, North Carolina~27455
STUDIO POLICIES 2017-2018
Congratulations on your decision to take piano lessons! I look forward to working with you throughout your musical journey. Please review the following studio policies carefully, sign and return the form agreeing to all policies as stated.
Billing & Payments
Lesson tuition includes an average of 40 lessons August-June based on the studio calendar below. Recital fees are also included for both Fall and Spring shows. Tuition also includes practice records, supplementary music, copies, scale sheets, manuscript paper, and other theory activities. Lesson, Theory/Notespeller books will be billed separately as needed per individual student. Monthly tuition may not be adjusted or altered for any reason and must be paid in full by the first day of each month (i.e. September tuition is due before September 1).
Lesson tuition will be billed based on a monthly flat fee:
30 minutes $110
45 minutes $141
60 minutes $172
Or, you may choose to pay for the semester at a 5% discount:
FALL (Aug-Dec) SPRING (Jan-Jun)
30 minutes $522.50 30 minutes $627.00
45 minutes $669.75 45 minutes $803.70
60 minutes $817.00 60 minutes $980.40
- Students will receive an email reminder before payment is due stating the lesson dates and balance due for the following month/semester.
- All payments must be made in full by the first day of each month. Acceptable forms of payment include checks made out to Carroll Piano Studio or cash. If you are paying in cash, please have the correct change for the exact amount due. A late fee of $20 will be added onto monthly payments made after the 5th day of the month.
- Novice students under the age of 12 will begin with 30-minute lessons and advance to 45-minute lessons with appropriate progress. All adult and intermediate students will begin with a 45-minute lesson.
2017-2018 Studio Calendar
August 7 Lessons Resume
September 4 Labor Day Holiday*
November (TBD) FALL RECITAL
November 21-24 Thanksgiving Break*
November 27 Lessons Resume
December 19-January 3 Winter Break*
January 4 Lessons Resume
January 15 MLK Holiday*
March 29-April 6 Spring Break*
April 9 Lessons Resume
May (TBD) SPRING RECITAL
May 28 Memorial Day Holiday*
June 18 Last Day of Lessons
June 19, 20, 21 Optional make-up days
*No lessons on breaks or holidays
- It is imperative students attend each weekly lesson to meet maximum learning potential and to achieve faster musical advancement.
- Rescheduled/make-up lessons are available on a very limited basis with at least a 24-hour notice. Any make-up times will be offered within 7 days of the cancellation or the lesson is forfeited. Please remember, the studio operates on a full schedule year round and can only offer an alternate lesson time if another student cancels. The Studio is not responsible for acts of nature and will not make-up lessons due to weather. In the event of excessive inclement weather (more than one lesson missed in the same month) or instructor emergency, make-up days have been reserved on the calendar in June.
- In the case of less than a 24-hour notice for a missed lesson or a "no-show," students will assume financial responsibility for that lesson and no reschedule will be given.
- Students will need various books, sheet music, manuscript paper, etc. as determined by the student's level and the piano teacher. All materials are the financial responsibility of the student and/or parent.
- The studio will provide all materials and add these expenses onto the monthly lesson statement. Beginning students can expect to spend approximately $20.00 for lesson books to get started.
- Students will be expected to bring all materials to lessons each week, including any books, sheet music, practice record, and a pencil.
Practice & Parental Support
- Sufficient scheduled practice time on a daily basis is the surest guarantee that you, or your child, will experience consistent progress at the piano. Learning the necessary skills to become proficient at the keyboard will not occur by simply going to piano lessons. It
- Parental support is an extremely important factor in musical training. Children whose parents take an active and honest interest in their child's progress tend to be more enthusiastic and productive. Please feel free to ask questions before or after lessons to be better equipped to help your child during at-home practice sessions.
- Please park directly in front of my house only.
- You may pull into the driveway or park on the street.
- Please do not park in front of my neighbors' driveways or mailboxes for any amount of time or use their driveways to turn around.
- Studio Entrance
- If the door is open, please come in quietly without knocking, as a lesson will be in progress.
- If the door is closed, please knock and I will let you in.
- Please do not enter the studio more than 5 minutes before your scheduled lesson time. Further, please be prompt in picking your child up after their lesson.
- Waiting Area
- You may wait in the entryway only for your scheduled lesson to begin.
- Parents and siblings may wait in the studio during their student's lesson as long as they are quiet.
- Lesson time must remain quiet and focused. Each student is entitled to their privacy during this time--please work to extend this courtesy to your child and other students as you enter, wait, and leave the studio.
If you have any questions, please call or text me at 336-209-0913. My voice mail is available when I am not; please leave a message or send a text and I will return your call. Remember to complete and sign the following form indicating your agreement with these policies.
Thank you for taking the time to read and understand what we expect from our students and their families. I look forward to working with you!
Amber J. Carroll
Please complete the following form and sign to register your student for piano lessons. Include lesson tuition and send to Carroll Piano prior to the first scheduled lesson. Thank you.
Date(s) of Birth_____________________Grade(s)_________School_______________________________
Phone(s) (________)_________________________ (_______)___________________________________
Please fill-in your lesson availability and desired lesson length here (for example, Monday/Wed/Fri after 3:30, 30 mintes):__________________________________________________
Please include any other information that may help me teach your student:
Payment method (choose one): ( ) month ( ) semester
Carroll Piano Studio has a studio website and a Facebook page! Choose one of the following:
( ) Pictures/videos of my student(s) may be posted online (studio website, social media, other advertisement materials.)
( ) Pictures/videos of my student(s) may not be posted online (studio website, social media, other advertisement materials.)
Please print and sign your name indicating you have read and understand the studio policies including payment structure, attendance policies, and photo/video release form for the 2017-2018 school year.
Print name ___________________________________________________________________________________